Central Meats is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Positions Available:
We strive to achieve our purpose every day, which is to show our customers that we care about them by helping them be satisfied, happy, and to eat well. Pursuing this purpose is the main reason we do business and why we have continued to be in business. By focusing on things we can control as a business – Safety, Presentation, Cleanliness, Friendliness, and Efficiency – we can better achieve our main goal of our business and continue to be successful as a business.
Help the business to provide a positive customer experience by assisting customers with their needs, keeping the business clean and tidy, properly stocking and rotating products, and by performing other tasks that may be required in a safe manner that is within our company’s policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Required Qualifications for this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Able to speak, interpret, write, read, analyze, and understand the English language.
- Able to do basic math.
- Able to work in rapidly changing temperatures.
- Able to converse with customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Able to work well with other employees.
- Able to stand and walk while you are on your shift.
- Obey all federal, local, and state health and civil code regulations.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. regularly without causing harm to yourself or others.
- Able to work with all of our fresh and dried products, including spices and seasonings, without suffering from any allergic reactions.
- Be dependable and reliable by working your assigned schedule and by showing up to work on time.
- Be able to tolerate and use cleaning chemicals in a safe way.
Main Job Responsibilities:
Performing the job’s responsibilities requires the applicant to possess the minimum qualifications above. The job’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work place.
- Able to restock shelves correctly by properly rotating products.
- Greet customers as they arrive and provide them with punctual, polite service and assistance.
- Required to often work in and out of coolers and freezers that can get as cold as 0 degrees (Fahrenheit) and storage areas that can be humid and hot.
- Stand and perform all duties during your scheduled shift, unless you are on a scheduled break.
- Clean and Sanitize areas that have been assigned to you by your Managers in accordance with all Health & Food Safety practices and laws.
- Take accurate inventory of products, including cleaning supplies, and be able to report them to a manager.
- Handle any company equipment in a safe way without causing any harm to yourself, others, or to the equipment.
- Observe and perform safety methods for all active duties.
- Observe and perform cleaning & sanitizing methods for all active duties.
- Remove trash throughout the facility to a designated area.
- Must be capable of sweeping and mopping floors.
- Dress and Groom according to company rules.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Must be able to work every Saturday of the year unless a serious injury, sickness, or family emergency presents itself.
- Work overtime when it is assigned to you.
- Perform any other duties that could be assigned to you.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job responsibilities and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Employees may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Pay will be based on experience.
We Look for Hard Working, Dedicated, People who take Pride in doing the job right the First Time. Good Attitude, Patience, Stress Tolerance. Work well with Tough Customers. If you think you have these Skills and Talents. Please fill in application.
These are just some of the benefits the Company provides for eligible employees each year.
|401K S.E.P. Retirement Plan||Group Term Life Insurance|
|Sick Leave||Health Care/Hospitalization Insurance|
|Paid Holidays||Bereavement Leave|
|Paid Vacations||Personal Leave of Absence|
|Social Security||Discounts on Purchases|
|Workers' Comp. Ins.||Unemployment Compensation Insurance|
|Flexible Hours||Education Assistance|
To further explore any of the opportunities mentioned on this page, please send your r sum and salary history to the following address:
Human Resources Dept.
1120 Kempsville Road
Chesapeake, Virginia 23320
All materials will be kept in strictest confidence. Central Meats is an equal opportunity employer.