Central Meats is an inspected facility, U.S. Inspection #8496.
We work by appointment only for our slaughter services.
(NO CUSTOM SLAUGHTER Between October 22,2019 and January 11th 2020)
- Beef Cattle Kill and Chill $100.00 Each.* You will receive your 2 Sides Beef and Liver only. Liver sliced Fresh and packaged in 1 lb. packs. Free aging up to 2 weeks. Central Meats Keeps 5th Quarter as part of killing fee. 5th quarter is Heart, Head, Hide, and Tail. Other parts disposed of with Tallow Co.
- Hogs Kill and Chill $75.00 Each. under 300 lbs. Over 300 lbs. must be skinned @ 85.00 Each. Most hog livers are condemned by inspector. We will give you one on request.*
- Lambs & Goats Kill & Chill $75.00 Each.
Notice: All Animal(s) will be handled in a professional manner, according to all Humane Handling Laws
All Custom Meat Cutting processed by trained butchers under permit by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Permit number 23-1113-550
Packages will be marked NOT FOR SALE as required.
- Your animal(s) will be inspected before slaughter and after slaughter according to U.S.D.A. Requirements (This service is provided for your benefit at no charge to you). The inspector may, at his discretion, trim away part of the carcass or condemn all of the carcass if found to be unfit for human consumption.
- The animal(s) is not our responsibility until it has been marked, recorded, and safely unloaded by you into our pens and secured.
- Central Meats will provide a secure corral with water for your animal while it awaits slaughter.
- If your animal(s) becomes injured or falls or cannot rise from a recumbent position or that cannot walk, including but not limited to, those with broken appendages, severed tendons or ligaments, nerve paralysis, fractured vertebral column or metabolic conditions. These disabled animals shall be condemned they cannot enter the slaughter establishment.
- If your animal(s) become sick, injured, or dies before slaughter Central Meats and (or) its agents will not be held responsible.
NO CATTLE ACCEPTED MORE THAN 30 MONTHS OF AGE
The documentation for age verification of cattle may be in the form of:
- Birth certificate or Cattle passport.
- Other form of identification that is presented with the animal when it arrives for slaughter.
Notice: If Veterinarian Medical Officer (VMO) concludes that the records are accurate and reliable, the records will be accepted as verification of the age of the cattle. However, if the VMO examines the records and find significant reasons for questioning their validity, they are to verify the age of the cattle through dental examination.
- Cattle 30 months old or older may present a significant risk of BSE (Mad Cow Disease) if your cow is determined to be 30 months or older special handling and special charges will apply.
*An additional special handling charge of $200.00 will be charged for all cattle determined to be 30 months of age or older. You also will receive the denatured (SRM) Specific Risk Materials on pickup of your order.
- ANIMAL(S) TO BE FREE FROM UNDESIRABLE RESIDUE.
Processing Instructions Worksheet Download your copy of our cutting instructions worksheet.
Beef Processing Fees
- Cut, wrap, identify, box and freeze .85 lb. Based on hanging weight after slaughter. Steaks cut Bone-in or boneless, your thickness wrapped as many in package as you say*. Roast cut bone-in or boneless as big as you say hand tying on rumps and tips, packed your way. Ground beef as lean as possible, stew beef extra lean. Any cuts you don't like put into ground beef. Double wrapped in heavy duty film. All cuts labeled for your convenience. Boxed and frozen no extra charge. After you have been notified of completion, please pickup promptly.
- Cut Only .75 lb. Based on hanging weight after slaughter. Steaks 3/4" thick. Roast 3-4 lb. beef stew, hamburger, short ribs boxed fresh for pick-up. No wrap
- Storage Fees 2 Weeks after cutting Free storage. After 2 weeks $5.00 box per month. Not responsible for any product after 60 days. WE WILL DONATE ORDERS NOT PICKED UP AFTER 60 DAYS TO TIDEWATER FOOD BANK.
- Farm Killed Cattle or Hogs Will be handled like Wild Game and will be handled accordingly.
* Note: Minimum package weight 1 lb.
Pig Processing Fees
- Cut, wrap, identify, box and freeze .85 lb. Based on hanging weight after slaughter. Pork loins cut Bone in or boneless chops, roast or country ribs. Cut your thickness wrapped as many in pack as you say*. Sugar Cure or Fresh (no country cure) Hams cut your way. Picnics fresh. Butts into sausage or roast. Spare ribs, feet & tail. Bacon slice and pk 1 lb. packages. Make sausage Your Choice Hot, Mild Bag. Links or rope your choice add .50lb for sausage only.
- Cut Only .75 lb. Based on hanging weight after slaughter. Chops 1/2" thick, pork loin roast, spare ribs, feet & tail, sausage, boxed fresh for pick-up. All meats fresh, no curing, No wrap
Lamb & Goat Processing Fees
- Cut, wrap, identify, box and freeze .85 lb. Based on hanging weight after slaughter. Chops cut (1" thick is standard) or your thickness wrapped as many in pack as you say*. Roast cut bone-in or boneless as big as you say hand tying of legs and/or shoulders, packed your way. Ground lamb as lean as possible, lamb stew extra lean, lamb breast. Any cuts you don't like put into ground lamb or stew. Wrapped in heavy duty film. All cuts labeled for your convenience. Boxed and frozen no extra charge.
- Cut Only .75 lb. Based on hanging weight after slaughter. Steaks 1" thick. Roast 3-4 lb. lamb stew, lamb hamburger, lamb breast boxed fresh for pick-up. No wrap
- Goats Cut Curry style .75 lb. Based on hanging weight after slaughter, small chunks of meat & bone, boxed fresh for pick-up. No wrap