Wild Game Processing Information
Current Status: Due to a lack of help, we have made the incredibly difficult decision to not receive any wild game meat at this time, we have no ETA of when we will. We simply do not have enough labor, required, to properly service your wild game meat.
We are trying to actively hire more labor and get them trained, but good labor has been difficult to find. If we can find more labor and feel like we can do it, we will start to receive wild game again. Until that time, we are unable to take any right now.
We are very sorry for the huge inconvenience this causes you, our customers. We did not make this decision lightly. Hopefully we can get back into processing your wild game meat, sooner rather than later.
Wild Game Processing Fees and Charges
- Open 6 Days a week to serve you. We accept Wild Game daily from 9:00am to 4:30pm. We are Closed SUNDAYS and do not take anything in on Sundays.
- We Accept The Following Animals for Processing: Deer & Wild Boar. Bear we take on a case by case basis (If it has a strong odor, we will not accept it).
- All Processing of any meat takes 2-3 Weeks to complete.
- Call Ahead for Availability. We sometimes will fill up on animals and won't be able to take anymore
- WILD GAME PIECES ONLY - We are not taking any Whole Carcesses this year.
We have a reputation of performing an excellent service for hunters. We take pride in professionally handling your deer or wild game. We have been satisfying thousands of hunters' since 1960. Our Service is Guaranteed!
We Process Your Meat and you will get back your meat. We do not combine meat into large batches. The meat you bring into us, is the same meat you will get back.
We base our processing charges on the weight of the meat that you bring in before we cut it. IF THE MEAT IS DIRTY, WE WILL CHARGE A $15.00 CLEANING FEE. IN EXTREME CASES WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE MEAT.
The meat is packaged, identified, and then packed into boxes with your name. The boxes are then placed into our flash freezer. You will then be notified your meat is ready and you will have 2 weeks to pick-up your venison.
Wild Game Processing Prices
|Wild Game Processing (Grind into Burger)||$1.50 lb.|
|Wild Game Sausage (No Links, put into a 1 lb. bag)||$10.00 per 50 lb. of meat|
|10% Fat Added to the meat||Market Price|
|A Deposit is required at check-in||$10.00|
|Cleaning Fee if Necessary||$15.00|
|Minimum Charge for any Processing is $30.00|
- After processing is complete we keep your meat in our freezer.
- You have 2 weeks to pick up your meat. After 2 weeks there is a $5.00 Charge per box Weekly.
- After 30 Days All Wild Game meat will be donated to the Deer Bank. We are not responsible for orders not picked up 30 days after completed processing.
Updated Chronic Wasting Disease Information for 2020-2021 Deer Season
Due to CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) we will be unable to process whole carcass deer, or any deer parts that contain the spinal column or head of the animal from the following locations listed below:
- ALL OUT-OF-STATE WHOLE DEER CARCASS IMPORTATION IS PROHIBITED (To prevent the introduction of CWD into new areas of Virginia, importation or possession of whole deer carcasses originating from anywhere outside of Virginia are prohibited.)
- Within Virginia, the Department has designated Disease Mangement Areas, CWD Containment Area, encompassing: Frederick, Shenandoah, Clarke, Warren, Culpeper, Fauquier, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Page, & Rappahannock Counties
- This includes all members of the deer family - White-tailed Deer, Mule Deer, Elk, Moose, etc.
We WILL NOT be taking in any animal carcasses or parts that contain the spinal column or head from these locations. Virginia state law requires us to do this.
We Will Accept the following
- Clean boned out meat Fresh or Frozen
- Clean Quarters or other portions of meat Fresh or Frozen with NO PART OF THE SPINAL COLUMN OR HEAD ATTACHED.